Monday, April 27, 2009

99% Finished with the Garage

This weekend Erin and I painted the garage floor. It was actually kind of fun. We had to do a couple coats and in the second coat we threw in those flakes they give you. It looked good without the flakes, but I think it adds texture and draws your eyes away from imperfections in the concrete. This morning before work I went over to the house and applied the clear coat, but I ended up with an entire gallon extra so I'll probably go again tomorrow morning and put one more coat. Then we'll be all done. But I still need to make sure I protect it from the plumbers, electricians, and when they pour the driveway. K, hopefully I don't fall asleep at work today. Physical labor is fun, but tiring.

1 comment:

  1. that's the same stuff we use on ships... pretty durable, but will still need to be resealed from time to time. and you definitely needed the flakes.

    PS- looks good... wanna do my carport? just kidding!

    ReplyDelete