
As far as granite counter tops go, I think we have figured that out and luckily our friend Darren who works for Pohaku Fabrication (small kine marketing plug), is helping us out. The hard thing (which is also the nice thing) about granite is that it is a natural stone and no two slabs are alike. So we like this granite called Kashmir Gold, but I swear some slabs of it I like and some I don't. Kinda tricky.

As for the other stuff, the last things that have been going on is that we got in our trim pieces, interior doors, closet layouts, and drywall is done. Oh yeah, and we ordered all our appliances from Sears, but I'll let Erin tell you guys about that ordeal.


So, when I was thinking about our closets all I was thinking was what I was used to growing up, which was a single bar to hang clothes on and a shelf above it. But like all other aspects, Chris, Brandon, and Jarod are truely in the business of custom homes. It is pretty hard to see the layout of the built-in shelving that is penciled in in one of the smaller closets, but there are going to be built in cubes and multiple shelves and rods for shirts and long stuff like pants and dresses. These guys always seem to surpass our expectations...and I have pretty particular expectations.

Finally, one day last week I went over to the lot and Brandon had some samples of some ceiling textures that the drywall guy could do. Of course I didn't really have a good picture in my mind of this and I just went with what seemed okay and what Brandon said was his favorite. When I went home I was really worried it was going to look weird, but they finished it up the next day so I couldn't change my mind anyways. Erin and I couldn't make it over to the lot for a while so I was worried about my decision for a while and Erin's parents actually saw it and said it was nice and looked like a fern leaf...I was honestly thinking aw man I dunno about fern leaves. But we checked it out and it actually looks great.
No comments:
Post a Comment